Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nervous Tuesday

This is a strange day. I went out to Windsor to see Phyllis this morning before I took the cakes to Independence. At first she was talkable but then she went back to sleep. They tried but were unable to get her to eat or drink anything. We're basically right back to where we were when she was in the hospital. I took a look at her leg and it was badly swollen. The sore was in the crook of her leg behind the knee. It was still bandaged.

I left about 10:00 to take the cakes to Independence and came right back. Nothing had changed. I called Bob and the Hospice nurse had not come back. They tried to put the mouth guard in her mouth but could not get that accomplished. They were afraid to use the smaller one for fear she might swallow it and choke.

I guess I will go on to work this afternoon. I also have the invocation at the city commission meeting downtown this evening at 6:30. I will have my cell phone on me so Bob can call me if there's any new development. I will put it on vibrate.

I did get my lawn mowed last evening and also went ahead and finished weeding that bulb bed. I still have to spread the mulch but will have to have at least one more bag of mulch to do that. When I came in I was soaked with sweat. But I did sleep well last night. I was exhausted. I still have to trim sometime.

I went to look for Missy, my cat. She wasn't in her usual place (under my jewelry amour. I looked in my closet and she was way back in the back....sleeping on my furry house slippers. Darn cat!

More later.....

I got home from work in time to answer three phone messages and return them and then I had to leave for City hall. It was my time to give the invocation at the City Commission meeting. I stayed an hour and a half and then left just as it was about over. I had not eaten anything but a small carton of yogurt at lunchtime and had not had dinner. When I got home I made myself a bowl of cereal and I feel better now.

A church member that had moved away had called my daughter about our congregation doing a dinner for her family after the celebration service for her son who had died earlier in the month. Leslie called me and gave me her number to call her back. After I got the details, I called Karan and turned it over to her as the social/family life chairperson. I e-mailed the remainder of the congregation the news and the need and then I rushed off to the commission meeting.

I didn't hear anymore about my sister from my brother in law so I guess she's still holding her own. She hasn't eaten since Saturday.

No comments: