Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday at Last

This is the last day this week I work. I was fairly busy yesterday at work but I ran out of labels for my project of labeling every file folder. So today, unless Gary has squirreled some away, I will not have a project.

My sister was a little better yesterday. She ate a little food. It's still just one day at a time with her though. I will see her tomorrow morning.

It has been terribly hot here lately and there is no relief in sight. It's only June and this entire week has been 100 degree weather. Anything I do outside must be done either in early morning or late evening. I can't handle that kind of heat.

Tomorrow, I want to clean up the shed flowerbed. It still has a few blooming lilies but most are gone. Then I need to get some more mulch to mulch both those beds. I really need to get the grass out of the new flowerbed where my new clematis is still blooming...even though the bed has been neglected. Maybe I can get to that too. And I still need to trim. I mowed Monday evening but I did not trim. It was entirely too hot. I am having to water some of my hanging plants twice a day.

More later....

I got out there about 6:00 and started working on that flowerbed. I worked and hour and a quarter and am just soaked again. It's 90 degrees on my patio and my back yard is in the shade but it's still horribly hot out. I will need to spruce it up a bit more before I can put mulch in it. But not tonight! It's 101 out there!

It will wait another few days until Monday when I will mow again. I still have to get another couple of bags of mulch too.

I talked to my brother in law this evening and he said my sister slept most of the day. He was there early this morning and she didn't wake up. His daughter went in just before noon and combed her hair and straightened her up a bit but she still didn't wake up. I will see her in the morning.

No comments: