Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday at Last

It's Friday at last. I always enjoy Friday, probably even more then most because I don't work on Friday so that gives me a three day weekend. Today I will have my hair done in Independence then come home and put my roast on for dinner this noon. I have enjoyed eating my larger meal at noontime. Then in the evening, I just have a fruit smoothie or yogurt.

I didn't sleep as well last night. I did fine until 3:30 when I woke up for a bathroom stop. I took my meds and went back to bed but just couldn't get back to sleep after that. Then I heard Missy crying out on the patio so I got up and let her in the house and fed her. By then it was 4:30. So I just got up. It's 5:30 now. My hair appointment is at 7:00. Afterward I will come on back home and get my roast, potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker for dinner.

I don't know what I will do with the rest of the day. It's too hot to get out. If I don't have house to clean, I have been doing a lot of reading and watching TV when I am home. I also do a lot of watering. I can't water anymore though because yesterday the city passed a watering ban. There's a $100 fine if anyone is caught watering.

This month Leslie and I will attend the Health and Spirituality Workshop. In September, I am planning to attend the John Whitmer Historical Association. In October Leslie and I will attend the Peace Colloquy. In October we also have my class mini reunion. I will have a busy fall. By then Bob and I will want to go back to Branson too. Jut as soon as it cools off a little, I am ready.

Today is my older son's 57th birthday. He's a teddy bear. I have sent him his birthday card and later today I will e-mail him another greeting.

More later..

Our lunch was good. It was a roast Leslie had given me and potatoes and carrots. I cooked it in the slow cooker and it was very tender. I sent it home with Bob because I will be eating in Joplin tomorrow with Leslie. He brought a salad and I sent most of that back with him too. He will pick me up for breakfast tomorrow morning and Leslie will pick me up there at Eggberts.

I had my doctor's appointment this afternoon and my health is perfect. My blood pressure was right where he wanted it to be as was my thyroid and cholesterol. He bemoans the fact that I wouldn't have a mammography but I told him I was not going to have one...nor a colonoscopy either. The JAMA said after 75 it was no longer necessary and I took him a copy of the article for my file the last time I was in there.

Tonight I may fix myself a fruit smoothy.

No comments: