Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another Hot Sunday

It's Sunday again. Scott called early this morning and we had a nice visit. Then I got my makeup on and dressed and came into the kitchen to make coffee and let the cat in. Her food dish was swarming with ants. Darn! I washed the floor around the dish with vinegar. They seem to be repelled by vinegar. Then I dumped her food and washed her dish. Now she has clean food and water. Inky came by this morning and I fed him too.They are so different. Inky is very affectionate. Missy, on the other hand is so independent that the only time she cares anything about me is when I give her treats and when I sit down to watch TV. Then she wants on my lap...but it has to be her idea.

I will go to church this morning and then out to eat afterward. Tomorrow I start cooking again. Bob will come over about 11:00 or 11:30 and we will plan to eat dinner at 11:30, giving me plenty of time to clean up before leaving for work. I am worried that the way we have been eating is unhealthy. We will give home cooked meals a chance and see if that makes a difference. I bought five pounds of potatoes and meat Friday. I also bought some vegetables. He will provide salads and also some meat of his choice when we run out of what I have here. I have pork cutlets (my personal favorite), chicken fried steaks, a roast and some ground beef and that John and Leslie gave me, tuna and some chicken breasts. That's a good start.

I have to go into the doctor's office lab tomorrow morning at 8:30 and have some blood work done for my Friday appointment. I think it's nonsense but doctors seem to think they have to see their older patients every three months. I think it's just a way for them to milk Medicare myself.

After that I will come home and start dinner at 11:00 and after we eat I will go to work.

Saturday I will go to Joplin with Leslie. It's the first time in a long time she has asked me to do anything with her. In the afternoon she has a campground board meeting. I will ding around then to kill time. I will take my kindle and read.

2 comments:

marlu said...

I'm down to every six months seeing my doctors. I guess they are tired of seeing me and am I glad!

Margie's Musings said...

I will be glad when mine realizes that a healthy person, regardless of age, doesn't need to be seen that often.