Thursday, August 2, 2012

No Relief in Sight Thursday

Another very hot day. It's only 7:40 and it's 87 degrees already. It's supposed to be 107 today. The air just runs and runs even though I have it set on 70. I just wonder what my electric bill will be since we've had weeks and weeks of 100+ weather. I have watered all the plants again this morning and also blown the leaves off my patio again. The trees are nearly bare and it isn't even fall yet. We still have August to go and that's usually the hottest month.

I fed the animals this morning too. Inky came back for more food. He is so thin, I fed him more. He is really suffering with the heat out there. I keep a lot of water for him in both the front and the back.

Leslie called this morning to find out what Bob's tests showed. I told her he doesn't know yet but I would let her know when he did know something.

I registered last night for a Health Ministry and Spirituality Workshop at Church Headquarters in Independence Missouri this month. Leslie is going too. In fact, she invited me. It's just a weekend on August 24 and 25th.

This morning Bob and I are going out to Windsor to donate some of Phyllis' cds to the unit. Then afterward we will go visit Gerry. I haven't been back out there since Phyllis died. I have my chicken for lunch down from the freezer thawing and when we get home I will start dinner. We are having a chicken, rice and veggie casserole this noon. Afterward, I will go on to work.

More later.....

No comments: