Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Wild Saturday Morning

This has been a busy morning. First Bob and I met for breakfast at Eggberts. He had some bills to pay and some clean-up to do and I had cleanup to do too. It took me an hour to drag those downed limbs into my carport. I notice my neighbor has a limb from my tree down and he is just leaving it there. His neighbor friend across the street told me recently that that young man was very lazy. He came over here a couple of months ago and wanted to take down a small tree that was growing in my fence. He said it was interfering with his mom's TV. She has dish. I gave him permission to cut it down but he never got around to it. Finally, I took Bob's hack saw (I couldn't find his tree saw) and cut it down myself.

Earlier he wanted me to have my front yard tree trimmed. He said he was afraid a limb would come down in their yard. I told him I intended to have the tree trimmed this fall, after it cooled down a bit. He is a very difficult young man. He is always complaining about something. His dad was a very nice man but he died of cancer five years ago. This young man, who is mildly mentally disabled, has been a trial.

His mother is very anti-social. I tried to make friends with her but she was very cold about it. After her husband died I tried to be helpful by cutting her yard. The son wanted to do it and charge his mother for it so he told me not to do it anymore. He seldom got around to it and when it is several inches tall, she hires someone to do it. They had an auction last fall and got rid of nearly everything they owned. They intended to sell the house and move to Georgia to be near her daughter. The house is a two bedroom/ one bath house in not too good a condition and they want $72,000 for it last I heard. No one has even looked at it to my knowledge and one realtor told me she couldn't sell it. I would love to have a friendly neighbor but I have tried and she simply isn't friendly. Maybe if I had to live with that son, I wouldn't be friendly either.

There are four houses in my neighborhood for sale. None of them has sold yet.

After dinner Bob and I are going over to Tyro this afternoon to a car show. We went last year and it was very interesting.

More later...

My next door neighbor called me during dinner and demanded to know what I was going to do about the tree limb in her yard. I told her it was her responsibility to have it removed. My insurance agent had told me it was an act of God and I was not responsible. She said she couldn't afford to have it removed and I told her I couldn't either. But I told her if she could get her son to drag it into the alley and out of her front yard, I would have it picked up on Wednesday when the limb belonging to my neighbor on the other side of me that fell into my yard will be picked up. She hung up on me.

I went over there later in the afternoon and was going to try to drag it into my yard. She had a man there mowing and he said he was going to cut it up and take it away tomorrow. I thanked him and came home. It was way too heavy for me to move.

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Oh, gosh...how to deal with these people. It's so hard living next to people like that.Don't feel guilty about not moving that limb...as you said, "It wasn't your responsibility."