Friday, September 7, 2012

Again, Friday At Last

I always look forward to Fridays. I don't work on Fridays. I will go to Independence this morning to get my hair done and then back to the dental office. I have to have my semi-annual cleaning and exam. Then I will come home to make the goulash for dinner.

I don't have anything on the schedule this afternoon except to get the 96 letters to my offline classmates in the mail. While I watched the president's speech last night, I printed off those 96 letters, stuffed them in envelopes and will stamp them this morning after my dental appointment.

Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, we will go over to Tyro to the car show.

We may go on to Bartlesville after that. I haven't checked with Bob on that.

More later....

Well, the dental office had some bad news. I had worn a hole in my oldest crown. But the doctor, realizing my circumstances, patched it instead of asking me to replace it. Even that cleaning and exam and that patch cost $225. That sure wasn't in my budget.

We had some really good goulash for lunch and some hot bread. We will take the rest of it out to John and Leslie's for their dinner. They will then be able to get busy working on the their garden shed. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.

We will have hamburgers, french fries and baked beans tomorrow. I will have Bob pick up some soda for that or we will have iced tea again.

About 3:30 this afternoon we had a huge storm come through here in this area. It took down trees and did a lot of roof damage. All the damage I had was a tree limb off my neighbor's tree and a dozen small ones too. I drug the large one into my carport and the others can wait until the rains are finished. I got four inches during that storm this afternoon and the weather people said we had 80 mile an hour winds. It has really cooled down.

Bob had his red bud trees taken down. They were quite old and evidently brittle. One branch is laying across his neighbor's fence and his TV line is there too. He will have to call the cable company tomorrow.

No comments: