Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cold Tuesday

It's really cold today. Last I looked it was 24 degrees. I got really busy yesterday and didn't get time to post here. I fixed lunch/dinner before I went to work and I worked a couple of hours yesterday morning to make up for the two hours I lost when we closed the office early Wednesday afternoon. I filed everything and then scanned some documents and put together some folders.

Bob came over at noon and we ate the goulash and garlic bread with his salad. It was pretty good. I sent some of it home with Bob for his supper. I still have mine. I didn't eat supper last night. I will eat a little oatmeal this morning because my right arm is hurting and I want to take some Aleve.

After work I called Bob and asked him over to watch TV with me. We watched a PBS special about Johnny Carson. It was pretty interesting. My Bob used to stay up and watch his program every night after work.

This morning about 8:30 I will leave for Independence for my hair appointment at 9:00. Bob is not going with me since it is that early. When it's at 10:00, he goes and we eat at Big Cheese across the street from the beauty parlor. When I get home today I will fry some chicken tenders. We will have mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies and the rest of his salad from yesterday. We are drinking hot tea since the weather has turned cold.

I will go to work at 12:55. If I go any earlier, the door is locked and I have to wait on a bench outside.

There's really nothing on TV the rest of the week. If Bob comes over we will watch some of his daughter's videos. We watched The Firm the other night. TV has really sunk to new lows. I have a time even justifying watching it. If it weren't for PBS I would even own one. I read a lot. Reading is a lot more entertaining. Unfortunately it shuts others out. I used to read aloud to my Bob much of the time. He enjoyed being read aloud to because he wasn't shut out that way and he always seemed to enjoy the books I read.

I always read aloud to my children...especially when traveling. They sat quietly and listened to the books. I had bought a big set of "children's classics" but no one read them so I read them aloud to the kids (and Bob) on our trips. They all really enjoyed that and it was hard for me to even take a break because they were so interested in the books. My children (and Bob) heard all the children's classics that way.

Those were the days. Oh well...all things pass.

No comments: