Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Huge Thursday

This was a huge day! Leslie came at 8:00..in fact before 8:00. I had run to the bank to get some more money. I was broke again. Moving costs a lot of money. We started with attaching my new mailbox to the inside carport wall. It looks nice! Then we started hanging mirrors and pictures. That took until noon and then we called Bob and he met us at Hong Kong Delight for lunch. Afterward Leslie and I went back to hanging pictures, emptying boxes and taking them over across the street to Bob's storage shed. His realtor called this evening. He had his house listed on Monday it it sold today.His buyer is not even going to have to deal with financing. It's a cash deal. He's going to see if Denise, his daughter, will help him pack. He could move right away.

At 2:30, we went to get something to drink and I said to Leslie..."Let's not go empty that shed and garage this afternoon. I'm exhausted and I'm sure you are. We have time. We can do it later". After she left I kept unpacking boxes and stopped about 5:00 and called her to tell her that I would be coming out for Maia's third birthday party. I also went to Wal Mart in Independence. I wanted to find a white "over the stool" cabinet with one shelf for the bathroom. No one in either Coffeyville or Independence had one. Tuesday I have a doctor's appointment in Bartlesville and I will go to Lowe's and look. If I don't find one there, I will have one of the hardware stores in Independence order one for me.

Anyhow, as soon as that roll up bamboo shade for the living room double window comes, I will be finished here. Leslie took my valence for that window home to press it.

I hope to take some photos of the apartment and post them here...if I can find my camera. Ah Ha! I found it!

4 comments:

Betty said...

Love your new apartment. I hope you'll be very happy there. My goodness! Bob was very lucky to sell his house in one day, wasn't he?

clairz said...

Good Heavens! You folks in Kansas don't mess around, do you? I can't wait to read about what happens next.

Margie's Musings said...

We were both just lucky, Clairz. He should have been doing more packing earlier but he is a reactive person and not a proactive person. But now he's under the gun to get packed and moved.

It's just a difference in personalities.

ChuckFu said...

Wow Mom, place looks nice, hope you have a chance to slow down, but not sure slow is in your vocabulary. Love you