Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lots of Problems

The closing has been moved again to the last week in April. It will take nine days (perhaps longer) to get the buyers student loan redone so it won't go up in a few months. She has been paying $100 on one and $89 on the other every month. They are prepared to raise one of them to $500 a month and the other one to $360 per month. She certainly can't afford that and a house payment and everything that goes with that too. So she is having it changed so that it will stay the same. I forget the term they used to designate the type of student loan that periodically raises.

Anyhow, she wants to start moving in today regardless. Leslie and I got the garage and shed cleaned out this morning. The house is clean. She will lease the property from me until her loan goes through. She will also change the utilities to her name on Monday. Carla, my realtor, drew up a lease. In the event this company refuses to finance her, she also is eligible and can apply for an FHA loan. So we have a lease agreement with a security deposit. The realtor's management company will manage the lease deal at no cost to me. We'll see how that goes.

What a deal! This has been one huge headache.

Bob is coming over this evening to watch a DVD that Karan loaned to me. "I Walk the Line" is the story of the life of Johnny Cash.

I did go out to Wal Mart this afternoon and buy a Brita pitcher to filter my water. I also went to the market for groceries for the first time in a couple of weeks.

No comments: