Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday At Last!

I moved today. The two men who moved me did a marvelous job. They didn't scratch or break a thing. Then that genius of a daughter of mine got me back online immediately. It would have taken me a day to figure it out.

She stayed until 5:30 and helped me with the stuff she could handle. I hung a few decorative accessories. Missy was absolutely traumatized. I thought we would never get her in the kitty carrier. Then she cried for a couple of hours. Finally I guess she figured out that this furniture was "her" furniture and settled down. I still have tonight to see if she will sleep. She hasn't eaten anything yet except her treats. I have her litter box in the bathroom and I don't know whether she will use it or not. Time will tell.

I have more furniture then I can use. I can see that right now. The dining room is fine and the bedroom is fine but this den is smaller and I have a lovely little table I will have to get rid of. The living room is longer but narrower. My end tables will have to be between my chairs instead of at the end of the sofa. I will have to put the file cabinet in the den closet when the boxes are out of the closet. I guess I should start there in that closet.

More later...if I don't play out.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am glad you got moved, Margie. I hope you don't have an adjustment similar to your cat. Hope it feels just like home immediately.

clairz said...

So glad you are moved. Now you can take things at your own (energetic) pace, but without having to go back and forth between houses.

Margie's Musings said...

I still need to go clean the house before we close. After not moving the furniture for ten years, it really needs it.

I'll try to get that done tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the good wishes girls.