Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Another Bad Night

I woke up about 1:00 with terrible aching arms...both of them. I finally got up and tried to sleep in the recliner but that didn't work. Finally I took a couple of Tylenol and that didn't work either. At last I took a melatonin tablet. I finally got back to sleep sometime after 2:30. I slept until 5:30. Now I feel pretty good.

I am making some biscuits this morning. I ate my leftover Chinese cashew chicken last night. Today I will go to Independence to get my hair done and Bob will get a haircut. He is going to return his little coffeepot to Wal Mart there. He has decided he does not like it. It leaves grounds in his cup and he never quite figured out the amount to use to make a good cup of coffee. He retrieved his old coffeepot from the church yesterday and cleaned it all up.

I went to Bartlesville yesterday afternoon and hunted all over the mall for Leslie a birthday gift. She is hard to buy for because she gets anything she wants. I finally thought of something she does not have and likes and bought that. I had a card butI found one I liked better.

This old laptop computer died yesterday afternoon.I rebooted it several times but it would not come up. There were also lots of error messages. I had not backed up my church camp information. Luckily I had printed it off. Then I rebooted one more time and Spybot came up. I ran that program and miracle of miracles, the icons finally came up. I ran the free Glary Utilities and everything came up fine. I then defraged. Needless to say, I backed up everything on a thumb drive.

I finally heard from Terry last night. Her friend can't teach the class so I am back to square one. I e-mailed another young woman in hopes of hearing from her today. There's less then two weeks left. Terry suggested just waiting until the camp but that would mean the teacher would not have prepared anything. I can't do that. I would like someone to be prepared to teach. Terry is a retired teacher. I'm surprised she would even suggest such a thing.

I heard from Scott yesterday morning. I was glad to hear from him. He was pretty down. Ashley's carlease is up and her mother won't pick it up and finance it. Scott is already subsidizing her and is now also paying for her Tricare. He is doing his part to try to get her though med school. She wants to be a surgeon. She is making straight A's in college. He has been paying her lease too and he had nothing to say about leasing a car three years ago. Taresa and Ashley made that decision and then expected him to pay it. He will be retiring from the Army in three years. He cannot continue to help her that much.

1 comment:

Balisha said...

I wish your arms would stop hurting like that. So hard to get by on less sleep.
Good luck on finding a teacher. Maybe with less on your mind...you'd feel better.
Balisha