Thursday, June 27, 2013

Long Day

This will be a long day. I woke up at 11:30 and then it was just off and on from then on. Both arms hurt continually and there was no way to get comfortable. I finally took a melatonin but that didn't help. Finally about 3:45 I took an Aleve. Aleve works fast and lasts long. Dr. Gillis told me to take Tylenol but that takes forever to work and it doesn't last long. Finally the ache went away but by then I was wide awake.

Missy choked off and on all night too. She never gets that hairball up if that's what it is. She is losing weight too. She used to be a fat cat but she's really slimming down. I don't know what to do about her. The last time I took her to the vet for a hairball he gave me a medicine with an eyedropper and told me to get that down her. He also gave me an antibiotic to give her. I couldn't get either down her so I tried putting it on her food and she wouldn't eat the food. That was a wasted $68. Eventually it passed through her. This time it has lasted a week or so. She doesn't throw anything up but she chokes pitifully. I try to help by picking her up under her front legs and dangling her and that sometimes seems to help.

Both of us are suffering from mysterious ailments. I stopped my blood pressure medicine yesterday to experiment with that as a side effect. This morning, after only one day off it, my blood pressure had shot up to 161/83. Dr. Gillis finally called me back last evening and I explained my theory to him. He changed the blood pressure medicine and I took it this morning after eating my biscuit. Trouble, trouble, trouble.

There's nothing on the calendar for today. I will probably need a nap this afternoon. I may have had three or four hours sleep last night. Dr. Hsu wanted me to take Valium as a muscle relaxant for my arm but my only experience with Valium was a disaster in the 1970s. My philosophy is the less medicine, the better.

It will be interesting to see what my electric bill will be. The air conditioning has run almost continually since it got hot. It was near 100 degrees yesterday. The bank said 105. With our humidity, that's almost stifling.

More later....

At noon my brother-in-law, Bob and I went over to Cherryvale for lunch at "Just Us". We always get a good healthy meal there.

No comments: