Sunday, June 23, 2013

Saturday's Staff Meeting

Saturday's staff meeting of the staff for the camp went fine yesterday afternoon. First we went into Joplin so Leslie could get some moisture cream. We browsed around at Macy's but I didn't buy anything. Then we went to Olive Garden and had lunch. After that, we went out to the campgrounds. The Ozark Reunion #1 was just winding down. It's the short reunion and is targeted towards kids. Some parents bring their kids but many grandparents bring their grandchildren. No one wants their grandchildren to miss reunion. It's such a great week for families.

There were lots of questions and suggestions at the meeting. We had a pretty good attendance. The main people were there. Some were missing for perfectly logical reasons. I still don't have a primary teacher for the 6,7, and 8 year olds. I am hoping to have one this week.

After the meeting, we went to Anderson's Candy Shop on the way out the Racine way. We each bought a bowl of their homemade ice cream. We did not buy candy. All in all it was a good day. Leslie certainly has her responsibilities organized.

After I got home, I watched a little TV just to get unwound. Then I went to bed. I slept pretty well until 3:00 AM then I started thinking about the primary class. I also was working over this mornings sermon in my mind. Finally about 4:00 AM, I got up. I may get a nap this afternoon after I get my letters in the mail.

Missy is still choking periodically. When I hear her, I pick her up under her front legs and dangle her. That seems to help. As long as she grooms herself, she is going to have this problem and cats constantly groom themselves.

No comments: