Thursday, November 28, 2013

First Full Day in Hawaii

This is my first full day in Hawaii. Yesterday was really stressful. I left Tulsa at around 7:00 got into Houston and found terminal C but could not find E-4 where I was to depart. I found an employee and she to helped me and she took me all around the terminal until we arrived at the proper gate just in time for boarding. What a scare. Then when I finally got to Honolulu 11 hours later, I could not find my luggage. Someone else had picked it up. I was going to report it to United and I saw it setting off the track on the floor. The person who had mistakenly picked it up had not even bothered to put it back on the track. How aggravating! A security guard stayed with me out front until Scott arrived to pick me up.

By the time he came, I had not eaten in over twelve hours and was shaky. He took me to the Macaroni Grill in the mall across the street from his apartment. We split chicken parmesan. I was positively trembly and shaky. We had a glass of red wine with our dinner. We came back to his apartment and watched "Two Guns" with Denzel Washington. It was quite good. He had it on Apple TV. We went to bed after that and I slept like a baby until 2:00 am when we both got up and visited for an hour. Then went back to bed to sleep until 6:00AM. I felt fine then. This morning we went all around the west and half the north part of the island and took a lot of photos. I will post some of them when I get home. I haven't figured out how to get them from e-mail on Scott's laptop to the blog. If I figure it out, I will do that.

This evening we will have Thanksgiving dinner at Hale Koa Restaurant It's a huge government hotel/recreation center. We will have to be there at 4:00. It's 1:20 Honolulu time now. So we have awhile.

Koni Ola Lookout



Me at Koni Ola Lookout



Again me at Koni Ola Lookout. Look at the scenery behind me! Wonderful!



My son Scott





More of my son, Scott

Another of Scott



More later on in the week.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, Margie...I hope that you have so much fun. Hawaii is a beautiful place with all the flowers....So glad that you checked in. I thought about you off and on all day yesterday....and wondered how you were doing.
Keep having a nice visit with your son. What wonderful kids you have.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Balisha

marlu said...

So glad you are there although you arrived shakily! Doesn't the airline have food? peanuts? milk?
Have a wonderful time with your handsome son. You are so blessed to have wonderful kids!

Margie's Musings said...

I do have wonderful kids, Marlu.

They charge exorbitant prices for the food. They serve nothing for free. I did not want to eat anything I had to pay for. Food is not that important to me.