Saturday, November 30, 2013

Busy Saturday Again

It's Saturday here in Hawaii and it's 6:00am. Scott is still asleep. As usual, I woke up three or four times during the night but always seemed to get back to sleep. When I get home, I'm going to go out to Wal Mart and buy one of those miracle foam pads for my bed. It makes all the difference in the world how I sleep. My arms have seldom ached.

Scott wants to take me out to the Arizona today. I guess I really don't care if we go or not. I've seen it once. I would just as soon walk around the mall and browse. If I could find a place to get my hair washed, I would do that. It needs it and I can do nothing with it myself. I didn't bring shampoo anyhow because I never could have been able to get a bottle past security. I was lucky to get my contact cleaner past security. It was larger then the 5.3 ounces they allow....or is it 3.5 ounces? I've forgotten.

I am having a really good time but, of course, I'm homesick. I miss my apartment and even my cat, Missy. I miss my own routine. And I dread the trip back. It's 11 hours altogether and the seats don't tilt back enough for sleeping. I will leave about 7:00 pm and not get into Tulsa until the next morning....around 7:00am, I think. I also have that horrendous layover at Houston which is a good thing since I nearly missed my plane there on the way over when I didn't have enough layover time. That Houston terminal is huge. I had always flown into Houston Hobby Field in the past. But I still have this Saturday, Sunday and Monday before I start back and I am enjoying immensely getting to see my son. He has pulled all the stops out to show me a good time.

More later.......

We had a huge day. First we went to breakfast and this time I had oatmeal. I couldn't finish it so Scott finished it for me. We went to Wal Mart and I bought him a small microwave for his birthday and Christmas. Then after that we went to the mall and I got my hair done. Next we went by Pier One and Scott bought some wine glasses and replaced one water tumbler that someone had broken and didn't tell him. After that we went up to North Shore where they were having the Van World Cup Surfing Championships. It was a mad house. So we didn't stop and park. But we did stop at a great Mexican restaurant where we ate outdoors. I couldn't finish mine so we got a box and brought it back to his apartment where he will eat it later on tonight. Scott also bought some Hawaiian coffee while we were at the restaurant...fresh ground. Before our lunch/dinner, Ashley called and visited with us on the phone.

Then we came back home and prepared to watch TV. Scott is talking to a friend on the phone while I type this.

It's 4:00 in the afternoon now.

No comments: