Sunday, January 5, 2014

Snowy Sunday

Well, I didn't think it was going to snow last night. When I went to bed at 10:00, it hadn't done anything. But this morning when I looked out, it looked like three inches. It will be slick. I imagine they will call off church again. Our church is in the country nine miles out and on a county road. The road will not be cleared and it will be slick. Furthermore, we have people who come from 30 miles away. Our congregation is scattered. I have e-mailed my daughter who is the take charge person of our three pastors and when she waked up and looks out she will have to contact the others and  they will make the decision. It is 15 degrees out there now and with the wind chill it's -15.

I just had a feeling we were going to have a very cold snowy winter this year. The last time we had one of these was in 2010, right after Bob died.

I will stay in and read. I slept pretty well last night although my arms did hurt some. I think I will take an Aleve this morning.  I may make chili for lunch today. We surely will not get out to eat out.

More later....it's just 6:00 AM now.

I did make chili this noon and I also cancelled the Living the Questions group for this evening. We postponed it till  next Sunday. Maybe the weather will be better by then.

I took a nap this afternoon and ate a bowl of ice cream later on.  I will watch 60 Minutes this evening.  I haven't been out of the apartment today.

No comments: