Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nice Saturday

This has been a pretty day although a little windy again. We went to Eggberts for breakfast and then I came home to read.

After about 10:30 I started my potato salad for tomorrow. I decided to buy a small ham (4 pounds) and have Leslie and John over for dinner after church for Easter. I will have the ham and potato salad and Bob will bring coleslaw and deviled eggs. I will also fix a veggie. Leslie will bring a peach cobbler. Everything sounds good. I tried the time-bake feature on the range and I think I have it figured out.  I used the one on my other glass top range over on Catalina a lot. This one is a little different but I think I have it figured out. I will set it for 11:30 in the morning and let it bake that ham until 1:00. That will give me time to get the veggie in the microwave after church. I will have Crystal Light peach tea to drink or water.   Before church I will set the table.

Bob just popped in to say he was going uptown to pick up Bobby and Karan. They are coming in from their bus tour of Nashville. He agreed to pick them up so they wouldn't have to leave their car in the parking lot for a week.

We ate the rest of our chili at noon today. It was good. For dessert we had a couple of Dilly Bars from the Dairy Queen in Independence. We each bought a box Tuesday.

I have been watching TV with Missy on the white afghan on my lap. Later this afternoon Bob will come over and we will finish off the wine he bought last Monday and watch TV for awhile.  I need to go get some more. It's my turn. I will get the Roscato.  It's more of a a pink wine. He had bought Moscato, a white kind of sparkling wine.  We like them both.

Actually, I bought a bottle of each...just in case John and Leslie want to try one of them at Easter dinner tomorrow. 

No comments: