Monday, April 28, 2014

Tragic Monday

This morning we awoke to the news that little Quapah, Oklahoma, was hit by a tornado and one is dead . Sixteen died in Arkansas near Little Rock.  Then we learned that Baxter Springs had a tornado too with 145 homes destroyed. This is the start of the tornado season here in the Midwest. It usually begins earlier.

I slept really well last night. I took a couple of Aleve because my back had hurt all afternoon. That must have done it because it's fine today.

Bob is having a tooth extracted this morning so he will not be going to exercise class.  I will go on without him. Afterward I will clean house. I have laundry in right now. I have stripped my bed and am washing my sheets.

More later...

Bob had a really bad extraction. They had a time getting the remaining piece of tooth out. The tooth had broken off.  He was swollen and bleeding more then is comfortable. I went to get him some more gauze squares when he ran out and he repacked it several times. I baked his cake when I baked mine for the Independence First Christian Church tomorrow.  Finally half way through the afternoon, he felt better and his swelling went down. He came over for an hour this evening and we had a glass of wine. I gave him some chicken noodle soup for his lunch tomorrow. He won't want to eat too much that's firm for another day.

I got the house cleaned and the floors scrubbed.  I will need to dust tomorrow.

I hope the wind is down tomorrow so I can plant the other flowerbed. I want to get that done soon as possible.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

We watched the weather channel and saw what was happening. I hope that things quiet down today. You are wise to keep abreast of the weather.....
Have a nice day,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's true. The two tornados that hit Oklahoma and Kansas last night were within a short driving distance from me. Baxter Springs, in fact, is only 54 miles away.