Thursday, May 1, 2014

Neat Trip Wednesday and Sunny Thursday

Our bus trip yesterday to Kansas City was a really good time. The food was excellent (I ate too much and also had a rich carrot cake dessert) and the play was very cute. I was very surprised to see that Connie Stevens was so overweight. Most movie stars, even when they get older are really careful about their weight...just on general principle.  But, as I said, the play was cute. Her daughter, by Eddie Fisher, was also in the play. They did a good job. We got home about 6:30 PM .

I slept like a log last night. I went to bed slightly after 9:00 but had a really good night's sleep. Our trip must have worn me out.

This morning I slept until almost 6:00 and in fact, Bob came over to check on me when I didn't get my lights on as early as usual.  he popped over a little bit ago to see if I wanted to go to Bartlesville with him this afternoon after lunch. I never turn down an opportunity to "go" anywhere. So I will fix our tuna noodle/pea casserole and  then after I clean up after that, we will go to Bartlesville and he will get gas and we will walk the mall.

I dusted this morning and got all done.Then I walked over to the dollar store and bought a couple of sympathy cards.  One of our young church members lost his father last night. I wanted to get a card right in the mail and I also got another one to take to church for the congregation to sign. Mike is such a nice young man and he must have been very close to his father. We have had him on our prayer list before.

I will work on my next sermon this morning before starting lunch. We won't eat until noon. The sermon isn't until June 8th but I have never been one to wait until the last moment to work on one. The theme is "Filled With the Spirit" and I can relate to that. The scripture comes from Acts.

More later...and some photos too.

We had our casserole dish and it was good. I took some of it over to Bobby and Bob and I will eat the rest on Saturday.  We will have hamburgers and french fries tomorrow with Coke. (Very unhealthy)

After lunch we went to Bartlesville.  Bob wanted to get gas there and we went to Lowe's and we each  bought a long brush to clean our our dryer vents.  Bob  also bought a squeegee for his shower.  Then we came back home and I went up to Cox Communications to find out what happened about our cable bills. None of us received one for April.  It seems it is still listed as a business and has a special cost.  It is not being charged to the former landlord nor to the new one. But none of us received a cable bill for April. The local office is in charge of  residential cable but another part of the business takes care of business accounts. So, for now at least, we are not being charged. I told them I just don't want any surprises later.  I will post the photos tomorrow.  Tonight I am just too tired.


No comments: