Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday Breakfast

Today we go to breakfast at Eggberts at 6:45. I always look forward to that each week. I got my east side flowerbed planted yesterday while the winds were calm. I will take some photos later and post them here. It was an interesting day and I'll explain why in this post.

To begin with, I slept very well last night.  Now..the latest landlord problem:

Yesterday I called the apartment manager and told her the grass needed mowing again.  She informed me they were only going to mow every other week. It's already looking shaggy and it's been ten days but she said the young man who mows charges them $40 each time it's mowed and if  he mows anymore then that they will raise the rent even more to cover that expense. She said when I asked it to be mowed week before last, it really didn't need it. I had measured it and it was 6 inches high and looked terrible.

Bob and I discussed it. He and my sister had bought a small mower for the church several years ago and now the church is mowed by a contractor.  So he is going to get that mower this weekend and take it to Greg to have it serviced. Then he and  are going to mow on the off weeks. We can use the exercise and the lawn will stay looking nice.  I asked our former landlord is we could store the mower in his barn and he said he had a good sized and almost new self propelled mower in that barn and he would get it out and check it out and we could use it to mow the larger part of the lawn in the back. He also said we could store the smaller mower Bob has in his barn too.

We are not going to trouble this new landlord with anything else. She obviously is going to use any excuse possible to raise the rent even further.  By the way, Marilyn, across the way, has a stopped up sink. She called and asked them to send out a plumber. She had spent the past weekend plunging it and had used two bottles of Plumbers Friend to try to unstop it and it won't stay drained. She can't use her dishwasher because it fills the sink to the rim when it pumps out.

Also, they have not had the air conditioner units serviced either. Mine is packed with grass so if that doesn't get done, I will not be able to use my air conditioning. If they don't do that either, I will get it done at my own expense. I don't need the air conditioner yet but soon I will.

What a mess!

Bob and I are going over to Cherryvale this morning to the Cherry Blossom festival. It's something different to do and it's free.

 We did end up going to the Chery Blossom festival. It was somewhat of a disappointment but then we went over to Independence and Bob bought another pillow sham and then he took me to lunch at Great China.  Every once in  a while he wants to do that. I think that's nice. We had a nice lunch and then brought back some leftovers for his supper tonight.

I bought some white assilium  and planted it in the flowerbed after this photo was taken.  Then I planted those last two geraniums. I put one in a small pot with some of the assilium and the other in the flower bed. I had overbought geraniums. Then I watered everything well. I will water every day especially when it's warm like today. I usually water in the morning though.

Here at the bottom of the page is my east side flower bed that I planted yesterday.

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's absolutely crazy to think that grass can only be mowed 2x in the spring ...she's nuts! :)

I mow about every 4 days in the rainy spring time. If I don't it gets far too out of hand.

You are right...just do it yourself in between :(

Margie's Musings said...

I will Deb. Isn't that stupid!

Betty said...

You might want to think about doing some preliminary searching for another place to rent. Sounds as if you're going to be paying higher and higher rates every chance your landlord gets.