Saturday, June 14, 2014

Another Saturday

I slept well last night. I got up shortly before 5:00. I forgot it was Saturday and ate one of my browned biscuits. Oh well...by 7:00, I will be ready for an omelet.

I don't know what we will do today. We may go somewhere......perhaps to Bartlesville since I am so tired of staying home all week. I can wear my sunglasses. I will check with Bob about his plans.  The eyes look a little better this morning but the lids are still pretty swollen and there's still some redness at the corner of my eyes and under them.  And of course, the stitches are still there.

We go to Joplin again on Monday to see the doctor.  I don't know what he plans to do...if anything. He may take out the stitches or he may just want to see the progress of the healing. I'll know on Monday.

I am ready to use my contacts again. My glasses are o.k. but I don't see anywhere near as well with them.  It will probably be another week before the doctor will let me use them though.

My younger son, Scott, called me yesterday afternoon and we had a nice visit.  He will be retiring from the army in March and will take all his leave and come see me in December for a couple of days before he leaves for Savannah. He will be driving across the country. He is a little apprehensive about looking for a job at 53. 

He has been hacked on facebook again (for the third time) so he has come off the program for good.  I saw on TV this week that facebook is sharing all our  personal information with advertisers and many people have been hacked.

More later...

We went to Bartlesville this afternoon and walked the mall after we ate at McCalister's. I bought a new summer purse and small billfold.  I had been looking for one for some time.

Bob came over this evening and we had a glass of wine and watched some TV. After he left I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched TV again.

Around 9:00 I decided to go to bed.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hopefully your son will find employment that he wants to do. I think that we should do better by our military and give them all the help they need.
Have a nice weekend, Margie. Take life easy while you are recuperating.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I'm doing the best I can. There's just so much to do.