Monday, June 30, 2014

Graveside Services Monday

This afternoon I will do graveside services for a member of my congregation. She was 93 and living in a nursing home here. She has outlived her husband and two of her three sons.  I used to visit her when my sister, Phyllis, was there but have only seen her twice since then.  For some strange reason I have a problem with visiting the nursing home. It's an excellent place to live if you need that kind of care but I never want to live there. I am too independent and will bathe when I want to and not when someone else tells me I must.   I have the same feelings about hospitals. I still visit hospitals though. They are not quite so depressing.

I will go to exercise class this morning and afterward go out to the cemetery to check out the site and then come home to fix hamburger pie for lunch. Bob has coleslaw in the frig here and it is in Tupperware so it may still be fine to have with the hamburger pie.  I'll check. I will need to change clothes before the service.

Juanita called last night. She has a problem with one of her automatic withdrawals from the bank and is frantic again. I told her I would come up tomorrow to get it straightened out.  I may just go up after the services today. I'll call her later and see if that would work out for her.

Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and I would like to have lunch with her if that will work out. I will take her birthday card to the service today.....just in case. She has a huge caseload and has
problems getting away for lunch.  She is going to assist at the graveside today though so I will see her there.

More later....

I did go up to Juanita's this afternoon after the graveside service. I got her concerns worked out. This bank change has been a nightmare for her. She is 92 and also nearly completely blind. Now she can sleep again.  The poor woman has found this entire process a nightmare.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that you were able to have a bit of happy birthday with your daughter :)

Margie's Musings said...

No, she had other plans, Deb. She probably met a friend for lunch.