Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wednesday Again

I will need to go to the market this afternoon in preparation for the dinner at John and Leslie's on Friday evening.  I am out of a lot of necessary groceries. I haven't bought groceries of any amount for a week or so.  I am to take baked beans and potato salad to the dinner. John and Leslie will have 20 people coming if everyone shows up.

We will attend exercise class this morning. Afterward I will warm up the hamburger pie for lunch.  We will have the cottage cheese with it. I made ice cream last evening and we will eat some of it for dessert.

I opened the carport door this morning as usual and Missy just had a fit. That little tom cat was out on the carport and she was NOT happy about it. She was growling and hissing so I went to see what was wrong. I just closed the door and he ran away.

I will make  my potato salad tomorrow and  it will set overnight in the frig. That will give the flavors a chance to merge. 

More later....

It was a lovely day! It was nice and there was a cool breeze. In the late afternoon, Bob and I mowed the front yard and the side yard of my apartment.   It must have been seven inches tall. The new landlady thinks it only needs to be mowed once every two weeks. By then it needs to be baled! Looking at the back (which we did not mow) you can tell that.

Well, I will not live somewhere where the grass is allowed to grow that tall even if I have to mow it myself twice a month.

Bob came over in the evening for an hour. We watched the Big Bang Theory even though we had seen those episodes. There simply isn't anything worth watching on TV anymore....except PBS.  I watch Nature and Nova if they aren't reruns , And most of the time I like "American Experience", "History Detectives" and  sometimes I like "Frontline". But it's really hard to find anything worth watching anymore. ....and commercials...there are jillions of commercials...which I mute!  In fact, my "mute" button is worn smooth now. I have muted so many commercials.

No comments: