Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday and Church Again

Today we will go to church again. Afterward the group will eat out together somewhere. John and Leslie usually chose where we go. They have their two small grandchildren.  This afternoon I will not only do my congregational letters but also make a dessert for the Living the Questions group that will meet here tonight at 7:00.  So, it will a busy day.

I have a graveside funeral to do Monday the 30th at 2:00 PM. I heard from Leslie this morning and she will help me by reading the obit.  I asked the other two pastors too but haven't heard from them....at least not yet.

Bob and I worked on getting his online banking account set up yesterday afternoon and got it all done except bill pay. There is some step I am missing evidently because I could not get that option to work. He will have to go to the bank for help on Tuesday. I can't go on Monday because I will be helping Juanita get her bank changeover finished on Monday.  If I get that finished early, maybe we can still go to his bank. We will see.

I still haven't heard from Amie about the job. I hope she hasn't forgotten me.

More later....

Church was good today.  I got my congregational letters ready to go tomorrow.  Tonight I have the small group meeting here and I have my cherry pie cake in the oven.  I bought some vanilla ice cream to go with it. I don't know how many will come tonight.  I'll just play it by ear.

Seven came tonight. We had a good meeting and a good time.  There was Bob, Bobby and Karan, Becky, Joyce and Keith  and me. Marilyn had gone to a grandson's graduation and Mona and Richard and their son couldn't come.  I had plenty of room in my small living room. It would have been hard to seat anymore people. I took my bath and watched a little TV before going to bed.

No comments: