Saturday, July 12, 2014

Birthday Saturday

Today was busy again. I noticed the pews out there at the tabernacle were needing to be wiped off and recruited a helper to help me wipe them down. Then we broke to attend the Prayer for Peace out front at the peace area on the grounds. I then went to the fellowship service and afterward to the class. The class turned out to be an opportunity to go over the new hymns that had to do with generosity (and some of the older ones) in the new hymnal.  Our guest minister is a Bishop.

At noon I met Bob at Olive Garden for lunch. This was his 80th birthday and I didn't want him to have to celebrate it alone. As it was, the folks at Olive Garden heard (from me) that it was his birthday and treated him to a piece of lemon cake. (a 6.49 value).  He then went to Hobby Lobby with me to find some poster board for one of the teachers.  I was so pleased...his older son e-mailed him a "Happy Birthday". That was special. He seldom hears from him. I had invited him to the party, Leslie, my daughter, gave over the 4th.  He has several computers and had just checked the one that downloaded the invitation and found it.

This evening we will have the worship service outside in the tabernacle. There is a good breeze  out there. That may help cut the heat. After the service we are having ice cream sundaes.

My friend, Karan just called. A very dear friend of ours, Jack, passed away this morning at 10:00 AM. She is contacting the Living the Questions group.  He will be a big loss. He was a retired lawyer, a Brigadier General from the Air Force, and a retired judge. He was a fine man!


No comments: