Monday, July 7, 2014

Exercise Monday

I never got around to posting yesterday. It was a busy day. First of all I presided at church and then afterward we went out to El Publito for lunch. There were eight of us. I came home and did the congregational letters and sent off a sympathy card from the congregation to Pam, whose father died last week.

The graveside services are tomorrow morning and our congregation is providing a lunch.  The church will provide a sliced ham and the rest of the congregation will provide food to go with it.  Sue and I will go out at 9:30 and get the tables ready and get out the plates and glasses.  The dinner will be around 11:00.

Last evening Bob came over to watch 60 Minutes and afterward went home. We ate the rest of the apple brown betty I had fixed and had some wine.

Today I will go to exercise class and then Bob will need to check out why he didn't get a reminder of his car registration and tag in February. He just realized he was still using this year's tag. He thinks he should have had the 2015 tag in February when his tax came due. Mine is due in August. And I have to renew my insurance the 17th of this month.  I am changing my company to save a couple of hundred dollars.

At 1:00 I am to meet Pam at the church to let her in to leave some food she wants to leave for the dinner tomorrow.  Sometime this afternoon I will get the ham and have it sliced.

More later...

I met Pam at church and while I was waiting for them, I put plastic tablecloths on the tables and set up the chairs.  Pam brought some food that friends and neighbors had brought over to her mother.  Her mother wants to share the food with those who come from the funeral.

Afterward, I went to Juanita's again. She had received a couple of letters sent on the same day from the same source but had different information. I called again and confirmed that the payment would be taken out automatically as she wants. Juanita is nearly blind and has had a terrible time getting these new bank accounts straight. I think we finally have it done though. It has taken a month.

I will make my scalloped potatoes in the morning. Pam had two cakes so I am not going to bake another because I don't want to take any home after the dinner. I will be leaving Friday for camp.

This evening, Bob came over for wine and we watched two episodes  of The Big Bang Theory. Then he went home to take his shower and get ready for bed. I took my bath here and have my PJs on. I will try to stay up until 9:30 or 10:00.


4 comments:

marlu said...

Glad to hear you are going to be able to get car insurance more reasonably priced. I still keep seeing ads about KS and driving less than 35 miles a day means lower rates. We sure fit that category!

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Mary Lou. I will check into that before I buy.

Balisha said...

I have served on funeral luncheons for our Church. Luncheons are so appreciated by the family. The food is always so tasty. I have so many Church cookbooks....Church people are the best cooks I think.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I think you're right, Balisha! We really put ourselves out for those too.