Friday, August 22, 2014

A Friday Free

This is one of my days off. One of the good things about this job is that it's only four days and that gives me a long weekend.

Today I am doing laundry. I have stripped my bed and have the laundry in the dryer now. I must also clean the apartment.  I want to clean the bathroom and kitchen and then run the sweeper and dust. It will be a busy morning especially since I am planning to go to exercise class too at 9:00.

We will eat our leftover hamburger pie. We may have it for lunch instead of supper it depends on how the morning goes. I still have a little apple cake left too.

I would like to finish the mowing today too. My east side needs to be mowed and we need to finish the back.  Bob will have to get some more gas first.

Missy is waiting to go out but it's only 6:30 in the morning and pitch black out there. I will take her out after it gets light. We don't need any surprises.

I got my first paycheck yesterday too. I will double my car payments to get this car paid off sooner and save some interest. 

More later...

I went to Caney after I got my laundry finished and talked to the loan official about my car loan. If I pay an extra $200 a month the car will pay off in another 22 months and I will save a pile of interest at 4.99%. Also that will be about the same time my job plays out. I have two years left of it.

Then I came back home and warmed up the hamburger pie.  I took what was left of it over to Bobby. We visited for awhile and I came back home to go to Braums and buy milk and yogurt for next week's lunches.

Now I am waiting for the mail.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Good for you, Margie. Paying off your car early certainly saves money.
I hope that your friend, Doug, beats this dreadful disease. it's going to be a hard thing.
He'll need lots of prayers.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, he will and he's such a neat talented guy too.