Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Another Short Workday Tuesday

This will be one of my 3 1/2 hour work days. I am always happy to have them. They go much faster.  I was busy yesterday but it was generally paced  well except there at the last when two groups came in at 3:15. Luckily they left around 3:45.

Last night I made and iced my cake for my trip to Independence this morning. Phyllis is out of town so I asked Bill to make a cqake to make up for the loss of hers. He was happy to do that. Good old Bill!

This morning I left about 8:00 to take the cakes up. They are working on the tenth street road so I didn't know what I might encounter.  I managed to work around their construction and got back home around 8:30. Bob had been to the market for me and left my groceries on the cabinet top along with my change so I went over to thank him. We will have supper again tonight. I plan on having tuna croquettes, fried potatoes, veggies and his coleslaw.   Maybe I can come up with a dessert of some kind. I'd like to make that apple cake Wendy gave us last week. That was really good. But apple crisp would also be good. We will see.

Now it's almost time to go to work so I'd better finish this later. I need to get my lunch out of the frig.

More later...

I had a rather quiet day at work. There were only two couples in while I was on duty this morning.  I read my Kindle. After work I went to Wal Mart to get the rest of my groceries on the list. Now I am relaxing while the Kindle recharges.

I also went by to get some wine at Gilliam's. We were out.

More still later...

I took some of our supper to Bobby. The tuna coquettes were a new recipe and I don't believe Bob liked it  although he ate it. I had one left and that's the one I took to Bobby. Karan is still on her Nutrasystem diet.

My older son called while I was reading. It was good to hear from him. I wondered if he and Esther had been involved in the flooding in Phoenix. They had not..thank goodness.  I read until bedtime after Bob left.  I went to bed about 9:00.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

So glad that you can have those short days. It sounds like you are adapting to your new job just fine. Glad you aren't on your feet all day.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Balisha! My ankles swell when I am.