Monday, August 18, 2014

Another Work Monday

Today will be another of my "long" days.  I hope to have something more to read before I leave for work. Maybe I can find something cheap on Amazon.

I got up shortly after 5:00 this morning and had a small bowl of cereal. I am drinking some leftover coffee that I warmed up. I got Missy's treats for her first thing as I usually do. (she is so spoiled) She saw a small buy on the kitchen floor and made short work of it. Any bug never makes it in the house here. It's a great source of protein for her. :)

We have exercise class again this morning. I have been attending even though I have to leave about five minutes early to get over to the museum. 

I have to go in about 9:45 for work. First I always have to stop by the chamber office and pick up a key. Then after I open the door, it's a one minute race to get to the security system before the alarm goes off and disarm it.  Next I open the safe and put the money in the cash register. After that, I open the gun cases and get the guns out of the safe and put them in the cases and re-lock them.

I need to remember to take some yogurt for my lunch and put it in the frig there.  I left my water bottle there Thursday. I will need to refill it.

More later..

It was a relatively quiet day at work. I did have a dozen and a half people in but they were not clustered around any particular time.  John came in to work on the books and Wendy came in periodically to make up a box to send to a patron in Alaska who called for her today while she was gone. I worked alone all day. Seven people came in right after 3:00 and I was afraid I was going to get stuck in the museum. But they all left slightly before 4:00, when we close. I got away about 4:20.

I got home in time to throw together dinner. I wasn't nearly as tired as I have been so I decided to go ahead and fix the chicken which I had thawed over the weekend.  I had some cauliflower and broccoli and a few potatoes and then I fixed some gravy.

Bob stayed while I put my cake in the oven and went home about 7:15. Bobby is bringing Karan's cake over after a while so I won't take my bath yet.   There's nothing on TV tonight so I will read until time to go take my bath. .

No comments: