Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Again and Forecast of Rain

I had a bad night last night. I awoke at 10:30 with my right leg aching.  I got up and took an Aleve but I awoke again at 12:00 and it was still aching so I took another Aleve. It was a lot better after that but still hurt. I ended up just getting up around 4:00 AM. I will be tired tonight.

I will fix chicken tenders for lunch with mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad and we will have fruit and cookies for dessert.

I hope the librarian was able to find some more twine. I want to get those papers bound up and ready to be recycled. Yesterday was exhausting.

Bob will move tomorrow. It's supposed to rain. I don't know how Dustin will handle that. Actually, it's supposed to start raining today.

More later....

I went to exercise class this morning and afterward, I brought Bob home to finish his packing.  Then I went back to Utopia for coffee. Sonya was there and bought everyone's cinnamon roll! She is the Administrator of Windsor Place. That was very nice of her. When I got out of there, it was pouring and the streets were full of water so I waded, shoes and all over to my car and into it. I have my shoes and socks off now drying out. In a minute I will start lunch.

More even later....

My lunch turned out well. Then I went to work. I finished bundling up all the newspapers and even organized their little kitchen's cabinets. Some high school kids were in the teen area making a lot of noise.  No one was doing anything about it and so I went in there and told them this was a library and they needed to quiet down. That helped. Then I noticed one of them had tracked in mud on our new carpet. I found some carpet cleaner and a brush and some cloths and cleaned it up. I found the boy who tracked it in and told him to wipe his feet on the several mats out in the foyer and just into the front door next time he came to the library. Later I saw two teenagers making out in there hugging and kissing. I went back in there and told them that sort of behavior was inappropriate in the library.  Finally Adrian came in and thanked me for doing that. He said they refuse to listen to him or the other junior librarian. I told him he should tell them they either observe the rules or they can not come back in the library. I don't think they have the backbone for that.

I consider it tragic these kids don't seem to know better.

I finally came on home and ate the last of my yogurt for supper. Bob came over for wine and TV but since there was nothing much to watch on TV, he went home about 7:00 and I took my bath and put my PJs on. Now I'm doing a load of laundry. I will try to stay up until 9:00.

7 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie,
You are working too hard at that new job!

Slow down and get that work down over time. Spend some of your work day just reading the shelves and putting the books where they belong! All that climbing hurt your leg. You don't have to do it all in a day so to speak! Take your time at work.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sister Three. That's probably good advice. The leg was hurting long before I started the job though.

I'm just not used to working so hard all day.I get half a day's work done here at home before I got to work.

It will get easier.

marlu said...

I know it's hard to do, but I've finally realized that at 83 I need to just let some things wait till tomorrow or the next day. If I get tired, I rest. Does that sound selfish? Just listening to my body!

Margie's Musings said...

Good thinking, Mary Lou! Maybe when I get to be 83, I will be that wise too. :)

Balisha said...

Hope your job goes well and you don't have problems with your leg pain. It's so hard getting old.
I also hope the moving day goes without any problems with rain. It's a hard enough job to move let along move while dodging rain.
I'm going to make your peanut clusters this afternoon. I can't thank you enough for this very easy recipe. They are so good and everyone who tries them loves them.
Rest up a bit and don't overdo while Bob is moving.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I will, Balisha. I will rest up this weekend.

I'm glad you are enjoying my peanut clusters. I give them for gifts in those cute Christmas tins. Everyone loves them.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope your leg feels better and the rain holds off...

Kids don't think about tracking in etc. until they have to clean it themselves :)