Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday Hair Appointment

Today I have a hair appointment in Independence at 9:30.  I am thinking seriously about just washing it myself and just having the haircut done every three weeks. I really can't spare the time to go up there every week for what little hair I have. I will miss exercise class today. Luckily I have chili left over from last Monday and I will serve it over baked potato with cheese for lunch.

At 11:00 yesterday Bob and I went over to Sycamore Landing for him to sign the lease. I went along to make out his checks for him. His essential tremor makes it hard for him to write. Then we went to the utility company to get the electricity in his name and afterward we went to Arby's for a roast beef sandwich etc, for lunch. He bought my lunch. That was nice of him. Then I went on to work.

I worked hard at the library yesterday. There weren't as many DVDs to put away and file but after I got that finished, I worked the rest of the afternoon on getting the morgue organized. I'm a long way from finished. The newspapers were mostly mixed up. They need to be kept in order from January at the bottom to December at the top with the earliest dated ones under the later dated ones. I got the local papers, both the Coffeyville Journal and the Independence Reporter, for 2014 finished. Today I will work on 2013 and 2012. When I finish those I will start on all the others.  They get the Wichita Eagle, Kansas City Star, Wall Street Journal, Tulsa World, USA Today and the County Chronicle. So I have a big job ahead of me.  Climbing up and down a ladder was hard on my right leg, which I have some trouble with already.  I awoke last night with it aching. Finally I got up and took an Aleve. That took care of the pain.

I got up at 4:30 this morning. Yesterday I learned that Phyllis, whose idea it is to have an 80th Birthday Bash next year, cannot come to the meeting we planned. She has a doctor's appointment that day in Bartlesville. Then I learned that John cannot get his wife around that early for her caregiver. So I will send out another letter this evening changing the meeting date to the next day at 9:30 to accommodate them.  Neither Larry nor I are even interested in doing this birthday bash thing.  It's an inconvenience to me but it seems important to my classmates so I guess I will make the effort.

More later.....

I composed another letter and mailed it out to all the local classmates.  I changed the day and time of the meeting and I know everyone will not be pleased but there is no way to please everyone.

I got all the newspapers sorted at work and then learned that they had kept them a lot longer then necessary. The have to have the past two years of the local newspaper microfilmed before those can be bound and recycled.  But they only need six months of the Reporter and only three months of all the rest. So I spent the last hour of my time, binding the 2011 and 2012 Reporters to be taken to Owasso to be recycled. Today I will bind up all of 2013 of the Reporter and work on all the rest binding them up to be recycled....all but the last three months. My hands were stained by newspaper ink and it took some scrubbing to get them clean. I applied lotion on them afterward because they were so dry. 

Bob came over for wine and the last cookie last evening but he left at 7:00.  I took my bath and ended up going to bed at 8:00.....I was so tired. He was probably tired too. He is moving this week and has been taking boxes over to his new apartment and unpacking them.

No comments: