Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday At Last

I am so glad this is Friday. I will go to exercise class this morning and then come home and warm up some meatloaf for lunch. I will fry some more potatoes and zap a veggie. Bob will bring salad again. (actually coleslaw) I will make pudding for dessert and now we have cookies too.

I was going to go to Chanute tomorrow and meet Gay for lunch and go through their new gift shop but we have possible snow flurries in the forecast. I don't know if I want to go and take a chance on it or not.  I will wait and see what actually happens in the morning.  It is 20 degrees again this morning.

More later....

I got home from exercise class and  peeled some potatoes but didn't see Missy anywhere. I looked in the den and in my bedroom for her on that pillow but just saw this lump under my coverlet.
I lifted up the coverlet and this is what I found..
Peek a Boo, Missy!

More later.....right now I need to start lunch.

That warmed up lunch was fine. Then I went on to work and spent the afternoon putting away DVDs. First we put them in a storage case that holds dozens and then we file the empty DVD case in the bookcases where they are stored. Then when the patron comes in and picks up the empty case, we retrieve the DVD and check it out to them.  

I did that all afternoon. We were swamped. People were afraid we were going to get a snowy weekend and they wanted DVDs to watch and they also wanted their children to have DVDs to watch.  Personally, I think it's kind of tragic that folks don't seem to read to their children anymore. They just set them in front of the TV and let them watch DVDs all weekend. Some people checked out multiple DVDs for their children. And they are due back on Monday. 

Later Bob came over and we watched the news and some old Big Bang Theory shows. While he was here, Larry, from my high school class, called and we discussed having a meeting to plan the "80th Birthday Bash" for my class of 1953. We should be having our 80th birthdays in 2015. Neither of us are enthusiastic about it but 40 classmates and their significant others, spouses and friends are interested and that adds up to a total of 60 so I guess we will see how much enthusiasm there is to actually work on the event. I am sending out 15 letters inviting participation in the planning. Two years ago, I ended up doing most of the work for the 60th reunion of my class. I swore that was it! But one of my classmates is interested in having such an event (she lives in a town 15 miles away so it's easy for her to say) and evidently 58 others are too. So we will see.

Later I took my bath and went to bed at 9:00.  I was really tired.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Isn't that the cutest....she must have heard the weather report for snow!
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's a possibility but I imagine she was pouting that I was gone all afternoon.