Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thursday and Another Work Day

I slept well last night and only awoke a couple of times.  I did get right back to sleep. I received an e-mail from Scott's friend, Ginger, this morning with her itinerary for her flight back here in December.  She will come in on December 15th  and Scott will drive to Tulsa to pick her up at the airport. They will stay a few days here before beginning their trip back to Savannah. Scott will stay with her while he looks for a job. I am anxious to meet her as well as to see Scott again.  Everything I've heard about her has been good.

It is 20 degrees this morning. Brrrr.

I ordered some more Keurig coffees yesterday. I still have plenty but I am out of some of my favorites....like the "mudslide". They should arrive sometime next week. And by then I will have used even more of them. I am anxious to share them with Scott, who is a real coffee drinker......like his dad. Keith and Leslie don't drink coffee.

We are having meat loaf today for lunch. I will fry some potatoes to go with it. Bob has salad left and we will use it. Then I will fix a veggie of some sort. I have two fruit desserts left from yesterday. We will finish those off too.  If I can get around to it this morning, I will make some cookies to go with the fruit.

Missy has disappeared this morning. She is probably in on the daybed or under the coverlet on my bed. She may be on that miracle foam pillow on the cedar chest.  I will go check her out.

Here she is on the daybed among the stuffed animals and pillows.

More later....

I made snicker-doodle cookies before lunch. Then I went to work after lunch.

I spent the afternoon shelf reading.  That was preferable to cutting out recipes.  It went pretty fast and I got a lot done. Katie was off today so I dealt with Elaine.  All the folks there are nice. Katie came in before I left and told me I could park behind the library and go in the back door.

I got home very exhausted and really just wanted to take a bath and put my pjs on.  Bob came over about 6:00 and we had wine and a cookie watched TV until 7:30.  When he went home I took my bath, put my pjs on and sat in the recliner with Missy in my lap. I tried to watch TV but fell asleep in the chair. When I woke up it was 9:00 and Missy and I went to bed.


2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you are enjoying your new job. Missy looks like she is comfortable. Looks like another stuffed animal.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, she does. She is so plump she resembles a stuffed animal.