Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday and Thank Goodness

Today is Friday and I am pretty well rested up this morning.  I slept well. The Grand Reopening Open House party was very well attended and was a success. Working from 1:00 until 7:00 is pretty hard for me anymore through. Katie is giving me the benefit of the doubt on my time sheet.  She is trusting that my coming in early every day has made up my lost hours.  I'm quite sure it has. I subscribe to my son's philosophy, "If you're on time, you're late!"  That's what he always told his men. I always try to be early anywhere I go.

I got quite a bit done yesterday besides working. I addressed Christmas cards and got several in the mail. Then I cooked lunch. I need to get one more card today and answer the ones I received yesterday. Also I need to write some more on the "classmate" newsletter. That generally goes out between Christmas and New Years. It isn't even finished yet. ...let alone at the printers.  I got another newsletter yesterday from a classmate and will need to type it in today before work.

I also want to vacuum today. I did a load of laundry before I went to bed last night.  I folded it out and put it away this morning.

I got on the scale this morning and found I have lost five pounds. I thought my clothes were getting a little loose. I really shouldn't lose any more. At my age, it comes right off the face. Which makes me look even more like my grandmother. :)

Bob and I want to go to Bartlesville Saturday (tomorrow). I need to stop at Pecks and get hamburger patties. I also need makeup from their Merle Norman store.  I want to go by the mall too. I also have two free lunches from McAlisters for us.  When Ginger and Scott and I ate there Monday afternoon, someone dropped one of their meals and they were 5 minutes late getting theirs.  I was finished with mine before they got theirs. So the manager gave us two free lunch tickets. Since they were going on to Memphis, they gave them to me. 

Well, I'm not getting anything done sitting here. It's too early to run the vacuum so I'll work on that newsletter and those Christmas cards.

More later....
It was a big afternoon at work. I spent quite a bit of time searching for "lost" books and DVDs from the inner library service. I wasn't able to find any of them so we will be sending out some notes to those who borrowed them.

I got the vacuuming finished this evening and also I got my Christmas cards  caught up and worked on the newsletter again and it's caught up. I am going to watch the Washington music show and then go to bed.

No comments: