Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Again

I am always so glad to see Friday come. By then my left thumb joint is terribly sore. It aches most of the time. I haven't heard a word from the college either.

I slept very well last night. I did wake up at 4:30 and just got up. I can get a lot done before daylight...including this blog. It's 5:30 now.

Yesterday Katie decided I would not scan any more of the genealogy. So much of it isn't in the system. She's not sure how she's going to handle all of that. Elaine is looking into the solution but so far they just have left all the items I pulled that had no bar codes, sit in Katie's office. She's afraid all the car manuals are the same way so I won't start those either.  In other words, we're pretty much finished with the inventory at this time.

I need to divide the ham I bought yesterday into two packages. One of them I will use today in my ham and potato casserole and the other I will save for my cornbread and beans next week.  I will fix a veggie and we will also have Bob's jello salad. We didn't eat the pudding yesterday so we will still have that for today.

I don't know what I will do tomorrow at this point. I need to go through my bedroom closet to find what I can donate to the church's rummage sale. I have some old luggage and also two coverlets that I have used for my bed in the past. There may be even more.  I have a month to get that done. I also need to go through the dining room closet and cull it out too.

More later....

I went to Wal Mart and bought a few things. I've noticed lately that my Brita pitcher is leaking along the bottom. I bought that at Wal Mart. I have to fold a paper towel and put under it and even then, I only get about half a pitcher of water. I notified Brita and they asked for some information.  I don't know whether they will replace it or not.  I did not have the receipt.  I did have all the other information including the date I bought it. It's only two and a half years old. I paid almost $40.00 for it and it should have lasted longer then that. I will just have to wait and see.  If they don't, I will buy a new one. I can't drink this water without filtering it.

Well, lunch was good and I'm getting ready to go to work now.  Still no call from the college.  Maybe next week. Bob just left so I will leave for the library.

More even later....

Bob called. He is not coming over this evening. He will see me when I pick him up for breakfast in the morning. I will take my bath at 7:00. ...as usual.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Now I am craving cornbread ! :)

Margie's Musings said...

That's good! get some great northern beans! Put some ham in the beans and cook them!