Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Very Busy Sunday

I started out this day with breakfast and it's probably a good thing I did. I baked the coffeecake for the congregation...actually my two little great granddaughters who look forward to it each Sunday morning.

I took Missy out on the carport a couple of times this morning to make up for being gone all Saturday at the church at that rummage sale. We ended up with $647.10 and there are still two people who owe money for their purchases. That was pretty good for a couple of days work.

Bob came over to read the paper before taking it over to Marilyn's mail box. Then we went on out to church since I was presiding this morning. I took the coffeecake and sure enough, the girls were counting on it.

We ate at Sirloin Stockade for lunch and then I came on home to do the congregational newsletters and get three of them out on the mailbox for pickup tomorrow.  Now I have been working on my blog and posting on Facebook too.  It's nearly 3:30 and we have Living the Questions group this evening at Joyce's house. I will pick up Gary at 6:45 after I leave Bob at Joyce's house.

Scott called yesterday morning and it was good to talk to him again.  It had been awhile. He and Ginger are so busy. He likes his new job. That's good. They are to finalize the work on the house this next week. They are anxious to get started. It should be started the last of October and be finished in May.

I imagine Keith and Esther are still working on their house. I haven't heard much from Keith either. I see him and also Esther on Facebook. I also see Scott and Ginger on Facebook. That helps.

More later...I want to sweep out my car now.

I got my car cleaned up and then called Bob to see if he wanted to go out to Wal Mart with me. I need a few groceries for the coming week. He did. So we got what we needed and then he brought me home and I put them away.

I went after Gary at 6:45 and we went to Joyce's for our group meeting. We all enjoyed the DVD again..perhaps more the second time around.  Several had not seen this DVD. Richard took the opportunity afterward to dominate the conversation with a completely different topic and so we did not have an opportunity for a discussion of the subject we had just watched. Bob and Gary and I were very disappointed. I don't know what to do other then to speak to him about it. He does that every so often when he attends.  We still enjoyed the fellowship but to stay on topic, I will bring the printed material next time. We will meet in two weeks at Karan and Bobby's. Then two weeks after that at my place again.  Two weeks later then that, we will meet at Marilyn's. Marilyn will be gone to Turkey and Greece during the period that I will host it again.

I stayed up until 10:00 just winding down. Then after my bath, I went to bed.



No comments: