Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Day


Today I will pick Bob up and we will go to Independence for me to get my hair done and then we will do some browsing around town until 11:00 when we can go to Big Cheese and eat lunch.  We have been doing that on Tuesdays and alternating Big Cheese and Great China. Once every three weeks I get my color done and Bob goes to visit his sister, Betty, who lives up there. Then we go to lunch. Of course, every other week we also take the cakes up there to the Christian Church. Marilyn told me yesterday that she would send a cake next week. That's wonderful! She's such a nice person.

In a little while, about 7:00, I will take Missy outside for awhile.  Yesterday the wind blew something fierce and she did not want to stay out long.

My days seem all the same anymore. I will be so glad when I can quit working and just enjoy my retirement. I will work until September 30th 2016. Then this program runs out for me. I will have my four years in.. By then I will be 80 years old, going on 81. I hope my health holds up. I have remarkable health...so far.

This is my daughter's little Corgy dog, Mini. She brought her out to the church during the rummage sale on Saturday. She is so cute.

.
This my Missy hiding undercover.

More later...

I got my hair done and we ate at Big Cheese, It's always a great pizza and we drink Root Beer with it.   We did some shopping for the church at their Wal Mart  and dropped those two things of at church on our way home. Next week we plan to eat at Great China.

Now I need to get ready to go to work.  I like to be there a little early and get a head start on those DVDs.

More even later....

The afternoon was huge again. Not only did I put away DVDs all afternoon but I also bundled old newspapers and put magazines in the rack and filed the old ones.

Bob came over when I got home. He stayed until 7:00. 

I had come home exhausted but managed to stay awake for the American Experience PBS program on Walt Disney..the second half.  Missy and I managed to tough it out.

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Sweet kitty photo...she's posing nicely for you! and those little Corgi dogs are just adorable aren't they!! :)

lyndagrace said...

Hello Margie,
I am new to your blog and find it charming. I retired 13 years ago. I was 55. While I enjoy not having to be on a set schedule, I sometimes wish I had worked a few more years. Actually I made the decision to retire on Sept. 11, 2001. That tragic day certainly caused me re-evaluate my priorities.

Margie's Musings said...

Welcome Lyndagrace. I am happy to have you come read my blog. I Have been doing it since 2007.

And Deb, thanks to you too for dropping by. Yes, those little Corgis are darling.