Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday and Decorating the Church

I slept well again last night. I feel so good when I get plenty of uninterrupted sleep.

Today, sometime, we will decorate the church for the holiday. I haven't heard when we will meet yet.  I got busy last night and decorated my apartment. Everything except the Christmas tree is done. Sometime later today, I will put that up. Then it will be a fight to keep Missy out from under it. Last year certainly was. I used my green place mats as a tree skirt. When I threw away my old broken Christmas tree, I put most of my old Christmas decorations in the church's rummage sale that year. Now I will look at the flea markets for some more things to decorate the rest of the apartment. I have the dining room and the living room pretty much done except for the tree. But I have nothing for the two bedrooms. We will see.

I am about ready to go have my breakfast and give Missy her treats and breakfast too. After breakfast, I put my tree up too.  I will put some photos on here later.

I don't have my gifts wrapped yet so the bottom of the tree looks pretty barren. Also, I want to find a wreath for that door behind the tree. 

This is my dining room window. It's a little dark for a photo.

This is my dining room server. I decorate it too.

So..more later.

Well we went out at 9:00 and there were only four of us to do it so it needs some more help. Leslie went to do her report at Four County and then she will buy a new Christmas tree and if she calls me, I will go back out and help her decorate it.

Meanwhile, I fixed lunch for Bob and me and got the dishwasher going. We had leftovers from this meal but I just put them in the frig.When I got home Missy had been under my tree and messed up the tree skirt and knocked an ornament off too.   Darn Cat! Can't trust her at all.

I will download the photos I took of the church so readers can see how nice it looks so far. 

This is the sanctuary.



This is the foyer table.  It has the nativity set on it.

More later....

Leslie called me when she bought the Christmas tree and I met her out there to help her decorate it.  Then we organized the storage closet again. We put the Christmas tree in front of that blank wall on the left.

When I got home I was surprised to notice that Missy had not been back in my Christmas tree.  My paper was here and also my mail. I read the paper...such as it was...and threw away half the mail...trash.

Now I have had my cup of Chia Latte and a couple of cookies and also my yogurt. I am full now. Missy is in on the daybed. She has been there ever since I got home. She sleeps a lot.

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Cats and Christmas trees...they seem to think we put Christmas trees up just for their enjoyment. That is a pretty Nativity set.

Anonymous said...

isn't that the truth...I just saw a video on Facebook and it had what cats to to xmas tree's...too funny.

Margie's Musings said...

Missy has been real good so far and has only bothered the Christmas tree one time. So far I am proud of her. :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh you have been quite busy between your place and the church! Lots of decorating going on. I had to smile about Missy, thinking of all of the cats I've had over the years and them wanting to climb the tree back in the days when I had large live trees! :)