Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thursday and Thanksgiving Day

Today is Thanksgiving and if anyone has anything to be thankful for...it's me! I have three great children and I have my health.  Plus...I have lots of friends. What else could anyone want? Bob and I are taking Denise and Dee, his daughter and granddaughter,  over to "Just Us" for Thanksgiving dinner.  Leslie is on call today and could not have the family for Thanksgiving. So since the weather has turned rainy and stormy, we cancelled our trip to Branson and will instead take the family over to "Just Us". I called Kay last week when we saw the rain forecast and made reservations for 1:30 today. She will have tons of dinner guests there. I'm quite sure we are not the only ones in this situation.

It is forecast to start raining about 3:00 this afternoon and change to freezing rain over the weekend...maybe even snow.

I slept really well last night. I woke up only once and went right back to sleep.

To all bloggers who may visit here today....Happy Thanksgiving!

More later...

If I can remember, I will take some photos over at "Just Us". Then later post them here. The rain started about an hour ago at 11:00. So we will drive over to Cherryvale in the rain. I hope we can stay dry getting in and out of the car.

I spent a couple of hours this morning cleaning up my small laptop computer. It needed to have the virus removal program, Avast,  run over the entire system. It took over two hours but the program found a lot of corrupted files and three malware and removed the malware.

Leslie called this morning. She just wanted to check on me. Scott also texted me and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.  And Keith also called. This has been a great Thanksgiving even before dinner. It was nice that the kids were thinking of me on this holiday. It's the first one I haven't spent with family. Well, Bob is my brother-in-law and his daughter is my niece and his granddaughter is my great niece.  So I guess they are family all right. Leslie is on call this weekend so she couldn't have the family this year and I don't have enough room here in the apartment.

It's nearly noon now and our Thanksgiving dinner is at 1:30. So we won't leave here until about 1:00.


We got to the restaurant a little early but Kay was able to seat us. Some people had not wanted to brave the rain to go to that dinner so she had room for us early. Hopefully they came out all right on their food.  It was good! Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos.


No comments: