Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Day and Juanita's Checkbook

Today I will go to have my hair done and then go to see Juanita and balance her checkbook.  Bob will go with me and visit with his sister, Betty, while I do that.  Juanita gave me a neat card for my birthday and enclosed a $20.00 bill as a gift.  When I picked up Bob we went to Big Cheese for lunch and I bought his lunch as a part of Juanita's birthday gift to me.

Afterward, We came back home and I dropped him off at his apartment. Then I went to fill my car with gas. Here it's $1.59 per gallon.

When I got home, I worked on my December 29th sermon. It's a ways off but it's better to be prepared. I will be 80 by then and so it never hurts to be prepared. One never knows what may happen. Bobby found that out....the hard way. Missy is lying in the recliner.... dozing.... across the room from me.

In a little while I may go over to Countrytime Antique Mall and look around. I may see something I can't live without.  :)

It does me good to walk around occasionally. I don't get as much exercise as I used to when I was working.

More later....

Bob caught up with me there and we went over to Braums for a hamburger.  Later he came over to pay some bills with his computer. Then he stayed for the news and Big Bang Theory reruns until 7:00.

Then after he went home, I took my bath and sat with Missy in the recliner. She looks forward to that every evening. We will go to bed at 9:00

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Wow, great gas price!!

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth! Southeast Kansas is one mile from Oklahoma where the lowest gas prices can be found. So our town competes with Oklahoma. Does it compete!