Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wednesday and Leftover Chili

I slept very well last night. Missy did too. She certainly didn't disturb me. I got up at 5:00..as usual. I did my usual morning stuff.

I don't have a plan for today.  I do need to go to the market. I have developed quite a list.  That's about all I have to do. We will finish off our chili from Monday. We still have Freetos,  crackers and cheese so we should do fine. We will either have fruit and cookies for dessert or pudding and cookies.

Today is supposed to be mild and in the 60's. It is supposed to be very cold this weekend. It's supposed to pour down rain tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Bob and I and Denise and Dee will be going over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for Thanksgiving dinner.  Leslie is on call Thanksgiving and cannot host our Thanksgiving dinner. They will just have a Cornish hen and stay at home. Bob and I were going to go to Branson for Thanksgiving but the weather became doubtful and lots of rain is in the forecast so we changed our plan. That will be fine. Leslie can have Christmas dinner and I will help. We have to be flexible.

Before the rain starts this afternoon, I may get my flowers pulled up in the flower bed on the east of the apartment. That's the one John made for me when I moved in here. The flowers are finished. The Dusty Miller may still be alright. It's pretty hardy.  When it gets light I will take some photos of that flowerbed. Yesterday the leaves were so thick that I got out the blower and blew them off my carport. It didn't do a lot of good. The wind blew them right back on it. It's a losing game.  Leaves are piled up around my air conditioning unit. I don't know what I will do about that. It may have to be me that bags them next spring. I'm sure not going to turn on that air conditioning unit with all those leaves still there.

Here are the leaves I will have to clean up.

And here are the dead flowers I will deal with later today.

Oh well, I have nothing else I need to do.

More later...

We managed to eat the rest of the chili.  We also had pudding and cookies for dessert. That was the last of the cookies too.  Later this afternoon, I'll bake some more.  Right now I am resting up after lunch.

The wind has come up something fierce. It will blow that rain in that's for sure.  It's supposed to start this evening and then pour all day tomorrow. I probably won't get those flowers pulled up today. It's too windy to get out there.

I did a small load of laundry this morning after I got back from Wal Mart.  That should hold me until Monday.  Bob brought his sheets over and did them this morning. It wasn't a very big load and when I got back from Wal Mart, he came over and emptied the dryer.

More later...



No comments: