Monday, December 14, 2015

Housecleaning Monday

Well, it's started. I have cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors and am almost ready to vacuum. I have a load of laundry in the dryer to fold out first though. I also have my cake baked and it's on the rack cooling now. I will ice it later.

Mondays are always busy.

I need to go to the market after awhile too. There are three or four things on my list. I need some of them for my lunch. We are having  Chicken Tetrazzini today for lunch.  Bob will bring a salad and we will have a veggie.I have some spaghetti but not four ounces. I also need green onion, mushrooms and sliced almonds. I have the rest. I want to get some mixed fruit for dessert too.

I slept well last night. I awoke the second time at 5:15.  I think I got up twice in the night briefly.

I am looking for a good study for our Church School class. If I find a good one, I will buy four or five books for us to share in class. I like one called Living the Questions but it's pretty progressive for some of our people. (it's just right for me though) :) I found one called "Saving Jesus from the Church...How ro Stop Worshiping Christ and Start Following Jesus".  We will check it over Sunday. It's by Robin Meyers. We have studied some of his books in the past.

More later....got to get busy!

I got my cake iced. And the others brought me theirs.

I got everything done and even had Marilyn L over for lunch. I did some more shopping this afternoon. I was looking for Christmas napkins but couldn't find what I was looking for.  I settled for some I had had for awhile. The cloth ones I wanted for my cranberry colored tablecloth were gone at Wal Mart. I bought the tablecloth online since it's so hard to find a 60 inch round tablecloth. I have three now for the round table. One is green, one is cranberry and one is tan. That should be enough for awhile.

Anyhow, I was also looking for some Christmas place mats but was only able to find one. I would like to have found two but I waited too late.

My Christmas cactus is beginning to bloom. I took some photos of it and will post them here. Leslie gave that plant to me for a gift a couple of years ago.

This one shows the blooms well. They are just starting.

This is a better view of the entire plant.

More later...

We invited Marilyn L over for lunch. We had a good visit.  The dinner went off well. We will eat that meal again Wednesday.  We had plenty of leftovers.

Bob did not come over this evening. He got his cake in the oven late and by the time it came out, it was too late. I will pick him up in the morning to go with me to Independence to deliver the cakes and then while I get my hair cut he will visit with his sister, Betty. After that, we will go to Bartlesville to eat at Pies and Such.


No comments: