Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Bob and I will go to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast this morning. We do this every Saturday morning as soon as they open at 7:30. I need to do some shopping today at Wal Mart too. I need to buy the clothes and diapers for the baby we are providing Christmas. We have about six children we are adopting as a congregation. Everyone is buying for either one of them (as I am) or something for each child. I also need to buy a few things for the church like two sizes of zip lock bags and trash bags. I will take those things out in the morning.

Myra and I had a great time yesterday. We shopped awhile and then just toured the "Christmas stores" there in Bartlesville. Her birthday is tomorrow and mine was the 2nd. So we shared a "birthday" lunch at Pies and Such. They made sandwiches with homemade toasted bread and then they have a half dozen homemade pies. I had strawberry rhubarb pie. Myra had some sort of special peach pie. I bought lunch. Myra is one of my dearest friends. 

We even went out to Radar Hill to the candle shop. That was interesting. Bartlesville's downtown is struggling too.

Bob and I will take the cakes to Independence Tuesday and while he visits his sister, Betty, I will have my color and cut at the beauty shop.  Then we will go back to Bartlesville to Pies and Such for lunch. He likes to go there too and they are not open on the weekends.  So while I was working we couldn't go there. And they close at 1:00 PM.

I forgot to take photos with Myra. I carry my camera in my purse but I just forgot to take any photos. Grrr.

More later...

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I have to be careful and never come here hungry. It doesn't matter...I always leave craving some wonderful food that you are talking about!

How wonderful in regards to your congregation and the babies and what you all are doing. That is the true spirit of the season.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb. If my congregation didn't have mission such as that, I wouldn't be interested in church at all. We just try to do what Jesus commanded his disciples to do.