Sunday, December 6, 2015

Saturday and a Surprise Party!

Yesterday was really something else. Bob and I did go to breakfast as usual and then on to Independence to attend all three arts and crafts shows. Then after that we walked around Wal mart and also Ace hardware and True Value Hardware and on to Big Cheese for pizza and root beer. Then we came on back home and he sat at my apartment and read the papers.Then about 2:00 he suggested we go out to church and get the all purpose room ready for the dinner after the Christmas program at church. I thought that was a good idea so we went out there and went in to set up the tables.

When I opened the door to the all purpose room, a huge group of people yelled "Surprise"! Among them were my son, Keith and his wife, Esther from Phoenix and my son Scott from St. Simon's island in Georgia. Leslie, who was supposed to be over to Joplin helping Jeff paint at his mother's house was there and her husband John was there too. And Jeff and Cyndi as well as Karan and Bobby were also there. Then Jody and Woody came in and Marilyn L also. Then John and Sue also came. Everyone was celebrating my 80th birthday with a cake and everything! What a huge surprise that was.  Here is the cake they had baked.  I will have to add more photos later. This one will not let me add more under it. Anyway, as you can imagine, I was thrilled and  flabbergasted!

3 comments:

marlu said...

What a great surprise for you! Glad you had a great day.

Galla Creek said...

OH, I love it!! You were completely surprised!!

Margie's Musings said...

That's true! I didn't have a clue!