Friday, November 24, 2017

Friday After Thanksgiving

I slept really well again last night. Keith spent the morning working with  the new notebook getting everything set up on it, After he finished his part and both Esther and he had their breakfasts, they took off to go through the Country Antique Mall. She loves to look around places like that.

I wanted to work on getting all my sites on the Firefox browser. I am nearly finished now and need to go over the Braum's to get bread and garlic toast for sandwiches for lunch.and the spaghetti for their supper. I could never figure out how to mark the kids' face book pages though. When Keith gets back, I will check with him on that.

More later...

Keith and Esther stopped at Braums and bought bread, garlic toast and eggs. I intended to have the ham and turkey sandwiches at noon for lunch.   They also got chips.

We spent the day trying to watch some TV to see what all we could get. Finally, Keith borrowed a ladder and climbed up to the attic with a flashlight. Curtis had simply laid the antenna across  two wires up there....one was an antenna wire and the other was an old telephone wire...no pole and no brackets. So when I tried to rotate it to get more stations it had half fallen off the wires and then the  picture was tearing. I texted Betty to tell her about it and she will contact Curtis to get him back out here to mount it on a pole from the rafters in the attic so it can be turned.

Curtis never showed up at all. Keith went out to our Walmart to try to find a pole and bracket to try to mount it from a rafter. They didn't have anything there. He went to Ace Hardware and got a piece of a pole and a bracket and a saw to shorten it but we decided to just let Curtis take care of it and I will  see if I can get Kenny from next door to climb up there and check it out after he does that. Gross Incompetence!!

That took up the afternoon and then Keith had to try to update his next trip to the embassy at Uzbekistan...somewhere near Russia. He leaves on Tuesday for a week.  He learned then that because he has to go through Turkey, he has to have a visa so he spent the afternoon trying to get his itinerary changed until he can get a visa before he leaves. Now he will leave on Tuesday on that trip.

The kids decided to take me out for supper. I generally don't eat supper but I decided that they did so I had better go with them to the Kansas Buffet. They also had me call Bob and invite him to go. We had a great meal there.

We came home and watched a Christmas movie with John Denver before we went to bed. Missy and I went to bed at 9:30 after I had my bath. It was a huge day!

No comments: