Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday and Thanksgiving Day

I slept like a log last night...the best sleep I've had in weeks. Of course, I went to bed at 10:00 and that probably helped. But just having one more thing off my mind also helped.

I got up about 4:00 AM and went to the bathroom and noticed that my smart phone had updated during the night. So I laid in bed and installed that. Finally, about 5:00, I got up.

Esther is going to fix me a cheat sheet for the Tivo and the TV so after they are gone I will be able to navigate the TV.

After awhile, I will fix my corn casserole. We need to go out to John and Leslie's sometime before noon for Thanksgiving dinner. We will want to visit with them too while Keith and Esther are here.

Keith may want to go out to the superstore up in Independence for the laptop he wants to buy me to replace that Dell that was damaged in shipment when he sent it back. What a Christmas time! Scott and Ginger are giving me that trip to Florida on November 29th to take in Ashley's graduation from college. John and Leslie gave me the new smart phone. I've had quite a month.  My kids are so good to me. Leslie pays for my cell phone service too and always has.

Now the only thing I have to be concerned about is the trip to Florida and how smoothly that goes.

More later....

Leslie's dinner was wonderful and my corn casserole and the Waldorf salad was very good too.  Leslie had two pies that she baked from a recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens magazine. They were scrumptious!  She had baked some new potatoes and rolls and we used some of Gay's pear jelly. Everything was delicious. After dinner we cleaned up and Leslie and I watched a football game while John took the others out to see the Llama, Shaggy.

 My kids have an Alexa and they use her for all kinds of questions. When we were out to John and Leslie's home, we all asked questions of Alexa. John has great fun playing with it. Children and their toys! Leslie gave it to John for his birthday in September.

Finally they all came back from the field and we all went out to Walmart and Keith bought me a little notebook that I can take to Florida with me. He also bought a two year warranty for it besides the one year warranty it already has from Microsoft. He is configuring it now. They are watching old Star Trek shows on the TV.  I am very tired and soon will go to bed. I am trying to stay up until 9:00. And it is 8:23 now.

Missy is ready to go to bed too.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What wonderful children.

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth! I am so proud of all of them!