Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wednesday and My Kids Coming

I posted yesterday but it didn't post for some reason. So I will just skip Tuesday and get on with Wednesday.

I slept on the daybed last night. I wanted Missy to get used to it since I will be sleeping on it while the kids are here. They will be coming in this afternoon.  Also Curtis is supposed to come this afternoon to set up the antenna for the TV. I hope it works so I can cancel the cable. It has become way too expensive.

I will get around this morning and fix my Waldorf salad.  I will do the corn casserole in the morning. I have just got up. I slept poorly but did at least sleep without Zzzquil. I did have to take an antihistamine. My sinus' were draining most of the night and clogging me up. Finally I got into a good sleep and slept until almost 6:00 AM.

I'd better get around and feed Missy. She is patiently waiting for her breakfast.

Back again ..

I have fed Missy and myself and am drinking my coffee now and trying to get caught up on the blog.

In a little bit, I will go start my salad for tomorrow. Then I want to strip the bed and do the laundry and remake it.  I also need to run the vacuum a little. Tomorrow is my regular cleaning day but tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I just want to enjoy the family. I can finish my cleaning after Keith and Esther leave on Saturday.

Missy is lying here behind me on the daybed. In her old age, she has become rather clingy. I worry about how long I will have her. She will be 15 in March.

More later...I'd better get on that salad.

Well , I got the salad done and made way too much of it so Bob and I had some of it with our spaghetti at lunch.  I still have way too much. But at least all I will have to make in the morning is  the corn casserole.  Esther wants to have some fancy pecan candy. She needs the oven for that.  They will be here about 3:00 this afternoon....I hope. Maybe Curtis will be here then getting the antenna installed. It will be interesting to see if I can get any channels with an antenna. Betty can get her money back if it doesn't work.  Keith is bringing a Tevo too.  It evidently records programs and also serves as a box to receive programming if I have to stay with Cox. I can give up their box that serves as my receiving box. They charge me a monthly fee for using it.

I got the apartment vacuumed and also did a load of clothes...mostly their sheets.  They are all in the dryer. I'd better check them out. They may be dry by now.

More later...

Curtis, Betty's maintenance man, came and installed the antenna in the afternoon. It only found three Channel 6 CBS stations and four religious stations. I was going to be very unsatisfied with that. Then Keith and Esther came and brought their old Tivo from their bedroom TV and installed it onto the antenna too. Then it scanned the  stations and picked up 13 stations and when I told Keith I had Amazon Prime, he used the signal from my router and was able to download all the movies and TV shows it could find from Amazon Prime. I have almost unlimited entertainment now. And besides that, the Tivo fit perfectly into the one empty space I had in my TV cabinet. So I want to keep the antenna from my landlady, Betty, because it gives me free TV and the Tivo Keith and Esther brought me gives me almost unlimited entertainment from Amazon Prime.

Esther and Keith and I had a great visit. Esther went to bed a little earlier at 9:00 or so because she reads her scriptures morning and evening and that left Keith and I to visit another hour. After he went to bed, I took my bath and Missy and I went to bed at 10:00.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you have a great visit!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister Three! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! We had a great visit last evening.