Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thursday and Another Sleepless Night

Even though I was exhausted when I went to bed, I only slept until 2:00. At 3:00 after lying there for an hour, I just got up. It's 4:00 now and too late to get any more sleep. I will need to get some Zzzquil today. I can't go on this way...that's for sure.

The laptop came yesterday but when I booted it up, the screen was torn and I couldn't see any of the icons....not even the start button. I got the Cox service people on the desktop and explained it to Bill, the tech there at Cox. He logged on to the laptop remotely and could not see the problem. He decided the post office had damaged it in shipment. A new screen would be about $200. I guess it's trash now. Keith said there was only $50.00 in insurance on it for the shipment.  He and Esther are determined to just buy me a new one. I will see if the little laptop with XP on it would access my bank account. I will need to take a laptop with me to Florida on the 29th to pay bills while I am gone.

Nothing has gone well for me lately. It is very depressing. I have been fighting depression ever since Monday when I learned that I couldn't have my surgery redone.  Between lack of sleep and bad news, it's tough to stay positive.

I will clean my apartment today and change my bed and wash the sheets.

More later...

I am in luck! The small laptop I bought in 2006 still works fine. It has XP on it and Outlook Express but it works fine and I can take it to Florida with me to pay my bills online. I need to go to the bank I pay my rent at and get their routing number so I can make my deposit for the rent from Florida on December 1st. I have until December 5th to get it paid. Unfortunately, I don't get my social security until December 13th so I will have to use my savings to pay my rent the next two months. But Keith will not have to buy me a new laptop! This little old Dell works fine!

I have washed the kitchen and bathroom floors already and have my roast in the slow cooker for lunch. I am getting ready to vacuum the carpets. I do need to run to Country Mart for carrots for that roast.  I have potatoes in with it already.

More later...

The apartment is clean now and lunch is over with too. It was good. Karan had forgotten my invitaion to lunch but when I called to ask her if she was on the way, she came right over. I went out to Walmart afterward but forgot to get the Zzzquil.

Bob came over at 5:00 to watch the news. When he left at 6:30, I took my bath and laid down with Missy on the sofa to watch "the Old House". I fell asleep almost immediately and missed the entire show. After I woke up, Missy and I just went on to bed. I think it was 8:00.  

2 comments:

marlu said...

I'm so glad your "old" laptop works for you! When things go wrong, it is hard to stay positive. I need to ignore the news and I might be more cheerful but I also hate to not know what is going on in our country.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree Marlu. I always want to know what trouble our President is getting us into now.