Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday and Breakfast Out and a Movie

I slept well last night although only until 4:00 AM. I could not get back to sleep so I just got up and got ready for the day. Bob and Joanne and Marilyn L and I are going to Bartlesville to shop for a new bathmat for Bob and eat at McCalister's. Then this afternoon, we are going to see "The Post" with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. My son, Scott, and Ginger, his wife, went to see it and and raved about how good it was.  So we are going to see.  First Bob and I are going to eat breakfast at Eggberts.  I will pick him up about 15 minutes till 7:00. I don't think either Marilyn or Joanne are up to breakfast at 7:00 AM.

Missy will spend another day alone. She will probably sleep on my bed all day.

I had to wash two old bathmats and a towel yesterday. Missy just misses getting completely in the litter box and wets on the mat under it. Seems like I wash those mats about three times a week. There's nothing I can do about it though. She is just old. She will be 15 in March.

More later....

Well, I picked up Bob for breakfast and we left about 7:40. Neither Marilyn nor Joanne showed up. Of course, Joanne said she would not be around that early.  But we wondered if Marilyn would make the effort. Evidently not.

Bob will be by to pick me up after he picks up Joanne and Marilyn for our trip. So I imagine it will be about 9:20 or so before he gets here.

Missy is in on my bed...back to sleep.

I'll get back to this after we get back to Coffeyville late this afternoon.

Bob picked me up around 9:20. He had Marilyn and Joanne already.  He drove us to Bartlesville and we went to the mall first. The women shopped around and Bob went to Penney's and bought a new bathmat.  Marilyn and I walked up to the theater to check on the time the movie started. It was not listed on the marquee. I was very disappointed. After that, we went to McCalisters and had lunch. Then we went back to the north side of the mall and I checked that marquee and found that it was on that marquee. I went inside to find out what time the movie actually started. After that we went out to the new strip mall and looked around. Then Marilyn treated us to an ice cream cone at Brahms. Afterward we went back to the movie theater and watched the movie.  It was very good!  I hope it gets the Academy Award.

Bob will probably not be over this evening. I imagine he is exhausted.

I will wait until 7:00 to take my bath and get ready for bed. More later...

Sure enough! He went to get gas and then just went home. I went ahead and took my bath and got ready for bed!

Missy and I went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: